People use Google Drive for internet hosting recordsdata to maintain backups or share them with others. Plus, recordsdata from Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides are mechanically saved on the Drive. For customers who work each day with these Drive recordsdata, creating desktop shortcuts may very well be a useful approach to entry them sooner. However, there’s no direct choice so as to add a house display shortcut in Drive. Anyways, we do have some workarounds to create a desktop shortcut for Google Drive recordsdata and folders on Mac and Windows PC. Read on.
Related | 6 Working Ways to Fix Google Drive Storage Full Despite No Files
Create Google Drive File or Folder Desktop Shortcut on Mac or Windows PC
Method 1- Drag the Drive File or Folder URL to Desktop
The best approach to create fast shortcuts to Drive folders or recordsdata on the desktop is by dragging the URL on the desktop. It works on Microsft Edge, Google Chrome, and most different browsers with ease.
- Launch your net browser and open drive.google.com.
- Head to the Google Drive file or folder you need to create a shortcut for.
- Resize the browser window, in order that browser and desktop are seen on the identical display.
- Click on the lock icon subsequent to the total webpage URL.
- Keep holding the left click on and drag the URL to your desktop.
Dropping the URL on the desktop will create a shortcut. You can now rename it primarily based on the file or folder. Clicking the shortcut will take you on to the stated Google Drive file or folder.
Method 2- Create Google Drive Shortcut Using Chrome Apps
- Open Google Chrome in your Windows PC.
- Type and enter chrome://apps within the URL bar OR click on the Apps icon within the bookmarks bar.
- Once the web page hundreds, right-click on Google Drive and choose Create Shortcuts.
- Select whether or not you need the Drive shortcut solely on the desktop or within the Start menu as nicely.
- Finally, click on on Create.
Doing so will create a shortcut to the Google Drive homepage in your PC’s desktop display.
Method 3- Use Google Drive App for Desktop
Google Drive has a desktop consumer that allows you to sync your recordsdata throughout all of your units. Once you put in Google Drive in your PC, it can create a devoted file stream the place you possibly can work along with your Drive folders and recordsdata.
These recordsdata will all the time be synced with the cloud to let you have got their newest model on one other gadget. This additionally means that you would be able to entry the entire Google Drive straight in your file explorer or from the desktop. Here’s the way to use it:
- Download and set up the Google Drive app for desktop from the official web site.
- During setup, log in to your Google account when prompted.
- It will now mechanically create shortcuts for Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides in your desktop. You can use them to open the Drive filesystem or both of Google paperwork.
- To create shortcuts for specific recordsdata or folders on the desktop, open the Drive file stream, right-click the file or folder.
- Click on Send to > Desktop (create shortcut).
That’s it. You now have the shortcuts to full Google Drive, Google Drive paperwork like Sheets and Docs, and every other particular Drive recordsdata or folders in your laptop’s desktop display.
Bonus- Add Drive Shortcut to Your Phone’s Home Screen
Adding a Google Drive shortcut to the house display on iPhone or Android is approach simpler than on a desktop. All it’s good to do is open the Drive app and head to the file or folder you need to place on the house display.
Tap three-dots for the file or folder and click on Add to Home Screen. The file or folder shortcut will probably be added to your Android cellphone’s residence display. For detailed directions, verify our information on including a Google Drive File/ Folder shortcut to the Android residence display.
On iPhone, you possibly can open the Drive file hyperlink in Safari and Add to Home Screen utilizing the choice within the share menu.
This was all about how one can create a desktop shortcut for Google Drive recordsdata or folders in your Mac or Windows PC. I hope the steps are easy and simple to grasp. By the way in which, which of the above strategies do you discover to be probably the most handy? Let me know within the feedback beneath. Stay tuned for extra.
You can even observe us for fast tech information at Google News or for suggestions and tips, smartphones & devices opinions, be part of DevicesToUse Telegram Group or for the most recent assessment movies subscribe DevicesToUse Youtube Channel.